Nexus: WOTLK is live!

3.3.5a live blizzlike server, with a professional core design. We are ready for the biggest of raiders! Server Experience: - Kill Rate: x2 - Explore Rate: x3 - Reputation Rate: x3 - Honor Rate: x2 - and tons more!
Visit Nexus: WOTLK
News Ticker
  • NexCraft is now in open Beta testing! Check out our Minecraft section for further information!
  • Darkscape is online! Play against friends or foe in the world while you level and test your skills!
  • Nexus WOTLK: Servers are now online x2 rates with experience weekend events get your realm firsts now!
Sign in to follow this  
Log

Lets start the discussion about this.

Everyone wants to see more progress and fixes, and so do I. Here are some questions for those who are current, returning, or not playing anymore.  

What would bring you back, what would appeal to you of that was missing before? 

What do you want to see with the Teleport system?

What do you want to see with a Home location system?

What do you think about the use of EOC abilities through Items verses Action bars, or would you perhaps like to have EOC return?

Create more threads with more questions, I want to make Darkscape great again!

I'm definitely not done playing this game, but some of the drops need fixed and some of the bosses need balanced/fixed. Removal or telos' insta death mechanic, Kalphite King's ranged phase is broken, araxxor is poorly coded and crashes too often to bring any risk.

Plus, dying to any of the above bosses guarantees the loss of all of your items. Instanced bosses will close the instance the moment you die and your items disappear within the instance. Some other death mechanic or items dropping on ground outside of instance would be ideal. 

Masterwork takes forever to grind for, but the value is broken so that you keep t60 or t70 weapon over masterwork armour. The value of that needs to be changed or its almost never worth taking. I have lost 2 sets and will not make any more. Not sure if you understand how bad that SUCKS. 

Uncut Onyxes are too hard to obtain. If araxxor was fixed, maybe I could farm some. 

I think the devs need to stop worrying about making the game perfectly balanced and make the game convenient and fun to play. The teleport mechanic, while is balanced for the long term, makes no sense for the short term with the playerbase and the amount of pking that actually happens. A 10 second teleport timer will suffice for home teleports. 

Also, please add wicked hood as it unlocks easy teleports and easier runecrafting. Hopefully that would not be hard to add and was one of the more important items in Darkscape. 

Dragon daggers are hard to obtain, but since Daren messed with drops they have more sources, but I'm not sure those changes were actually intentional.

You'll be glad to hear that bob's have been fixed, teleports have been rendered to just 10 seconds, telos has had his insta kill dropped to 1/4 of your hp and will be looking into some of the rest. If you could provide specifics on any of the above that would greatly help.

Thank you for those fixes, I will have to check them out. 

I guess one of the easy ones is the value of masterwork. We had the same problem in OG Darkscape with the greater runic staff. You would keep a rune platebody over it basically. They just arbitrarily changed the value to 10m and it basically fixed the problem. 

As for dying in an instance, I wish there was a way to try to get your stuff back. Even if it drops the items at the teleporter in Varrock and make it a FFA or announces the death, location and/or value of items dropped, it's better than having your items locked in an instance and not having a chance to retrieve them. Obviously this was scuffed when they implemented the death and gravestone rework. Not sure instances even existed prior to that. But however the QBD instance is coded is perfect. Items drop just outside the portal at qbd lair. No way ur making it back in time to get items if u die so u either gotta have an alt logged in or the devs could increase the amount of time item stay on the ground after death, similar to how OSRS is. I think their timer is like 10 or 15 minutes, maybe longer as opposed to the 2-3 minutes in rs3. 

Onyxes is a huge fix because onyx jewelry is very important for bossing. You can also get a blood shart after quite some grind and get a blood necklace for afk slayer or better bossing. 

Hopefully death will be opened up at some point giving us reaper points and hydrix. Just beware of Ring of Death mechanic which Darkscape player Jumperr abused heavily while bossing. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this